Over the past decades, blenders have become an essential kitchen appliance. Blenders have a long history – the first blenders were developed in the 1930s in Europe and America. The early blenders were very basic – they were mainly mixers and fruit and vegetable juice extractors. Today, the blenders are multi-functional and very advanced, and they are used for many functions in the kitchen.
So, what is a blender? It is a kitchen appliance that is used to puree, mix, blend or mash food substances. From large models to a small baby food blender, you can find a variety of designs in the market. Blenders are used in both home and commercial kitchens, and have a wide range of purposes, listed as follows:
– Make purees of semi-solid food, such as meat or vegetables
– Crush solid food substances such as grain or seeds into powder
– Blend and mix different food substances
– Dissolve solid food substances into liquids
– Crash ice and mix with other ingredients such as fruits, yoghurt or milk to make smoothies and milkshakes
– Crush ice and mix with alcoholic beverages to make cocktails
There are different designs of blenders. They range from stationary blenders that have a blender jar with a blade at the bottom, with a rotating motor on the base, to blenders with a motor at the top, linked by a shaft to a blade at the bottom, which can be used with any container and the container can be plastic or metal.